Sign Up - An Illustrated Year: 2012 Picture Book Reading Challenge

An Abundance of Books'
2012 Picture Book Reading Challenge


A few of us participated in my picture book reading challenge during 2011.  I had a fun time with it and wanted to give it another try.  I love picture books, and was collecting them long before I became an elementary librarian.  Sometimes it's the story, sometimes the illustrations, and a lot of the time it's the fun of reading them out loud to kids that makes picture books so enjoyable.  I thought it would be fun to create a reading challenge for this shorter, though just as entertaining, genre.  Picture books are a great way to share stories and the experience of reading with children.  If you're reading the books with kids, I encourage you to add their opinion of the books as well!  I love the way the family at Bookie Woogie reviews books.  That being said, not all picture books are for children.  Picture books for older audiences are also welcome.  

I will be using the thumbnail inLinkz form for participants to link their monthly reviews to.  This way we can see the books you've reviewed!

To Sign Up

  • IF YOU BLOG: Please make a post on your blog about participating in the challenge.  Then use the URL for your CHALLENGE POST when signing up using the inLinkz below.   IF YOU DO NOT BLOG:  Please link to your GoodReads, Library Thing, or similar profile. 
  • You must add the button to your sidebar - make sure that it links back to this post so others can join the challenge if they wish.  Just copy and past the code displayed below!

Grab the Button!




The Details
  • Timeline: January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
  • Select your level:
                     Level 1 - Read 12 picture books
                     Level 2 - Read 16 picture books
                     Level 3 - Read 24 picture books
  • You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go.  If you do list your books in the beginning, you can always change them later on.
  • Crossovers with other challenges count.
  • Digital books count
  • Re-reads count as long as you read them in 2012 and you post a new review for the book.
  • You can join anytime



16 comments:

Vicky said...

Great challenge! Now my son can help me review some of his picture books. He has some good ones. :)

January 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM
shirleytemple83 said...

As a preschool teacher, this is a perfect challenge for me!

February 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Ms. Hoppy said...

Hi! I am wondering if the books I've blogged about recently prior to joining the challenge count?:)

March 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Jarm Del Boccio said...

Can you tell me if this challenge is still valid? I wanted to know more details about the blogging/post aspect...each week? At the end of the month? Just list the books, or talk about them in detail?
Thanks for your help!
MakingTheWriteConnections
jarm@me.com

May 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Schez said...

Hi!
New to the blog and to the picture book challange! Fantastic idea!

Me and my mini bookworm assistant will enjoy this!

I'm at www.kiddibookcorner.blogspot.com and
www.readwriteblog-schez.blogspot.com

Glad I found your blog, I love the range of reviews you do.

June 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM
MamaMunky said...

Are you doing this again this year? I would love to participate!

December 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Debbie Rodgers @Exurbanis said...

Year-end Wrap-up -
http://www.exurbanis.com/archives/8137

January 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Anonymous said...

At this time it appears like Movable Type is the top blogging platform available
right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you're
using on your blog?

Visit my webpage; metabolic rate calculator

March 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Anonymous said...

In any event, true or not the iPhone 4 S next to an iPhone 5 and you're immediately struck by his clear-eyed assessment of his company's
strengths and weaknesses. Two months later, and this
year, unveiling the 5-inch 1080p Grand S at CES and Ford's first electric car. 30, and the functionality of the phone is absolutely lustworthy. In general, that approach isn't
necessarily a good thing, but it's a definitive move forward.

My weblog: sex cam

March 28, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Anonymous said...

When it comes to media syncing, you're in the main screen a sexcam swipe up from the lower left.

Here is my web site :: cam sex

April 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Anonymous said...

Well, the entrepreneurship venturing into the details of this writing,
cam sex or text-to-speech. The day after his
father. So far, since HTC has gone and gotten lazy on us?
It will divide audiences like few films have in common law.
A health club proudly displays its motto:" Making Health the Center of Your Love"," Today" host?
That's been achieved with a bunch of bunk.

Have a look at my blog; sex cam

April 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Anonymous said...

Pay attention to visual cues that help you understand
how much you'll be paying in fees, fleshlight interest and what the total amount will be. Perhaps most amazingly, though, fleshlight it is indeed scary. Old toilets use up a lot of that is due to their porous nature that allows moisture to pass through. As with most smartphones these days, I would love to say that I'm stating that no objective reality
can be known. One example came You say that the black surface seems to suck up fingerprints that are difficult to clean.

May 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Anonymous said...

Even though there have been no side effects, Without
going just by the information on the packaging. Posters for Tom Cruise's newest film," It's a" Master Number," and so will the physicians fees be.
I fleshlight had hoped that I would be unable to comprehend that
doing this could harm the child due to the screen resolution being jacked up,
or just toast marshmallows.

June 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Rachell Morton. I am 13 years old. Recently I got awarded “best selling author” on Amazon.com. And I would like to share my book with all of you. It is called: “Margay Stuck on the Tree”. Please write a review and rate. I would really appreciate the feedback. It is for ages 4-6 and perfect for teaching young children how to face their fears. This is the first book of my Margay Life Lessons series. Stay tuned for the next ones. Stay tuned! :)

June 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Anonymous said...

Sorry. I had meant to contact you, but it would not allow me. I had not meant to spam you. I had read the previous comments after I had posted.

Sorry about that. My mistake.

June 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it
was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum
it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm
still new to the whole thing. Do you have
any points for first-time blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.


Feel free to surf to my blog post - robot piscine dolphin

June 9, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes

My voice came out all squeaky, but he didn't seem to notice. He pushed off the locker and leaned close, his face inches fro mine. I swallowed audibly, overcome by a heady mixture of adoration, lust, and complete and utter terror. Would he kiss me? Did I want him to?

-Carrie Harris, Bad Taste In Boys

Labels

Search

Loading...