An Abundance of Books'
2012 Picture Book Reading Challenge
A few of us participated in my picture book reading challenge during 2011. I had a fun time with it and wanted to give it another try. I love picture books, and was collecting them long before I became an elementary librarian. Sometimes it's the story, sometimes the illustrations, and a lot of the time it's the fun of reading them out loud to kids that makes picture books so enjoyable. I thought it would be fun to create a reading challenge for this shorter, though just as entertaining, genre. Picture books are a great way to share stories and the experience of reading with children. If you're reading the books with kids, I encourage you to add their opinion of the books as well! I love the way the family at Bookie Woogie reviews books. That being said, not all picture books are for children. Picture books for older audiences are also welcome.
I will be using the thumbnail inLinkz form for participants to link their monthly reviews to. This way we can see the books you've reviewed!
To Sign Up
- IF YOU BLOG: Please make a post on your blog about participating in the challenge. Then use the URL for your CHALLENGE POST when signing up using the inLinkz below. IF YOU DO NOT BLOG: Please link to your GoodReads, Library Thing, or similar profile.
- You must add the button to your sidebar - make sure that it links back to this post so others can join the challenge if they wish. Just copy and past the code displayed below!
Grab the Button!
- Timeline: January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
- Select your level:
Level 1 - Read 12 picture books
Level 2 - Read 16 picture books
Level 3 - Read 24 picture books
- You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. If you do list your books in the beginning, you can always change them later on.
- Crossovers with other challenges count.
- Digital books count
- Re-reads count as long as you read them in 2012 and you post a new review for the book.
- You can join anytime