Cover Love (38) - A travel book about birds

We've all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." But really, how many times have you been drawn to a book because of it's cover. Besides, we all initially judge a book by it's cover art and tagline, and now it's time to celebrate the it! Cover Love is hosted every Monday, feel free to add a link to your cover reviews (love 'em, hate 'em, or debut 'em) to Mr. Linky below.

An Abundance of Books' Cover Love feature was inspired by 21 Pages"Cover Love" and Book Chick City's "Cover Crush" features and I encourage you to check them out.

This book is not something I would normally read... at all.  But I was looking for a Billy Bryson book and I passed this one and I did a double take.  There were probably a hundred books on this particular wall but A Single Swallow just jumped out at me.


Goodreads summary:
From the slums of Cape Town to the palaces of Algiers, to the Gulf of Guinea where the sea blazes with oil flares, across two continents and fourteen countries - this epic journey is nothing to swallows. This work follows the swallows from reed beds in South Africa, where millions roost in February, to a barn in Wales, where a pair nest in May.

Like I said, not really my type of book.  I love the colors used and the paper folding with the map to make the swallow.  And lets be honest, that's a pretty nifty title and author's name - I'd feel very intellectual with that pretty cover on my shelf.  totally shallow, I know, but true.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooooo love it! The bird reminds me a little bit of those Sherwin Williams commercials where everything is made out of the paint color strips and I adore those commercials. I would be happy to have this on my shelf too:)

July 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM
Jennifer (An Abundance of Books) said...

@ Jenny - I just saw those commercials this summer, they were very cool.

August 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes

My voice came out all squeaky, but he didn't seem to notice. He pushed off the locker and leaned close, his face inches fro mine. I swallowed audibly, overcome by a heady mixture of adoration, lust, and complete and utter terror. Would he kiss me? Did I want him to?

-Carrie Harris, Bad Taste In Boys

Labels

Search

Loading...