Cover Love (37) - The Roar of The Spheres

We've all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." But really, how many times have you been drawn to a book because of it's cover. Besides, we all initially judge a book by it's cover art and tagline, and now it's time to celebrate the it! Cover Love is hosted every Monday, feel free to add a link to your cover reviews (love 'em, hate 'em, or debut 'em) to Mr. Linky below.

An Abundance of Books' Cover Love feature was inspired by 21 Pages"Cover Love" and Book Chick City's "Cover Crush" features and I encourage you to check them out.


I just love the colors, textures, and depth in this cover.  Those gorgeous blues and greens just seem to suck you right into the cover.  Unfortunately this one is only available as an e-book (but for $0.99).  I'd be tempted to buy it just to be pretty on my shelves.  And it might make me look intellectual also, I'd use it to balance out all of those manly chest covers.

Amazon Summary:
Rob Dunbar is the perfect history professor: after all, he's been alive for 3000 years. Fearing medieval stake-burnings and modern dissections, he's kept his immortality a secret from everyone he's ever known.

Until New Year's Eve, 2199, when a moody stranger named Baxter threatens to out him.
Forced to put his vast experience to Baxter's use, Rob is shanghaied on a planet-hopping rescue mission. His help may preserve mankind's future among the stars--if the weight of his long past doesn't bury him first.

What covers caught your eye recently?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha! You'd use it to balance out the "manly chest" covers. My guest room is covered in those chests in various states of undress;-) This is a lovely cover though, I love the colors and textures as well!

July 11, 2011 at 11:15 AM
DangerousRomanceBookBlog said...

Jennifer,
I so rarely don't fall in lockstep with you, but maybe all those manly chests have spoiled me for something this intellectual, but it bored me! (:

Hey are you in the states yet?
Let's have a chat.

July 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Jennifer (An Abundance of Books) said...

@ Jenny - I find that I gravitate to the same colors, but I just love them.

@ Dangerous Romance - I've not actually read this book, I just thought the cover was really pretty. :)

August 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes

My voice came out all squeaky, but he didn't seem to notice. He pushed off the locker and leaned close, his face inches fro mine. I swallowed audibly, overcome by a heady mixture of adoration, lust, and complete and utter terror. Would he kiss me? Did I want him to?

-Carrie Harris, Bad Taste In Boys

Labels

Search

Loading...